The Hare and the Moon Necklace
ABOUT THE ART
The moon-gazing hare is an ancient and universal symbol. Celtic peoples looked on the hare as a creature with supernatural powers. Moon-gazing hares would bring growth, re-birth, abundance, new beginnings, and fortune. This lonely creature was admired for strength, speed and was noted for being active at night. They were seen as mysterious and magical, so thought of as an animal to be treated with caution.
This one of a kind art jewelry features a miniature watercolor by AJ Newell. Exacting brush and pen strokes illustrate a magical hare set against the full moon. The portrait is set in sterling silver and accented with an opal connector. This original painting is protected under an antique watch crystal. The Chalcedony gemstone chain closes with a hook clasp.
• Chain – 18 inches
• Hare and Moon pendant – 1-1/2 inches long
• One of a kind, signed by the artist
• Handmade in Virginia
A NOTE ON WEAR
Each piece of Bukabu Handmade Jewelry is crafted with intention and meant to last a lifetime. To preserve the beauty and finish of your jewelry:
• Clean your jewelry with a dry, soft cloth.
• Please do not use harsh chemicals and never use jewelry cleaners.
• Many pieces of Bukabu Handmade Jewelry are intentionally patinated. Preserve the finish by removing jewelry when washing your hands, exercising, cleaning and before applying any kind of lotions or perfumes.
• Store each piece separately in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and in the provided pouch.
What’s a day like at Bukabu Handmade Jewelry?
Follow along at:
1 in stock