Captain Nemo’s Nautilus Necklace
ABOUT THE ART
I saw “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea,” a Disney movie based on the Jules Verne novel of the same name, when I was just a little kid. I remember being fascinated with the design of The Nautilus, Captain Nemo’s submarine. A little bit steampunk (before steampunk was a thing), a little bit art nouveau, a little bit cephalopod and totally bad ass to my wee babe’s brain. Somehow, that memory surfaced recently and I knew I had to manifest it as a piece of art jewelry. The Nautilus is completely hand-sculpted with sterling silver formed in sinuous curves and granulation accents. It features beautiful stabilized Turquoise in the shape of a water drop and an amazing clear Moonstone with blue-purple flash. The pendant back is textured and initialed by me. It is strung on a sterling silver snake chain with lobster claw clasp. This unique art jewelry piece is absolutely one of a kind.
• Sterling silver chain – 18 inches
• Pendant – 2 inches long and 1.25 inches wide
• One of a kind, initialed by the artist
• Handmade in Virginia
A NOTE ON WEAR
Each piece of Bukabu Handmade Jewelry is crafted with intention and meant to last a lifetime. To preserve the beauty and finish of your jewelry:
• Clean your jewelry with a dry, soft cloth.
• Please do not use harsh chemicals and never use jewelry cleaners.
• Many pieces of Bukabu Handmade Jewelry are intentionally patinated. Preserve the finish by removing jewelry when washing your hands, exercising, cleaning and before applying any kind of lotions or perfumes.
• Store each piece separately in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and in the provided pouch.
What’s a day like at Bukabu Handmade Jewelry?
Follow along at:
1 in stock